In this episode we talk about Twitter and the future of journalism, and the XMPP (aka Jabber) protocol and what it means for web developers.
Twitter and journalism
Newspapers are mass journalism, Twitter is a niche — or at least a collection of niches, if that makes sense. Can the latter replace the former completely, or can they co-exist? Is Twitter the future of news distribution? And what will become of the journalism itself?
XMPP (aka Jabber)
- Here Comes Everybody, by Clay Shirky
- Mindhacks, by Tom Stafford and Matt Webb
- Hyperspace, by Michio Kaku
- A View from the Foothills, by Chris Mullin
- Scottish Screen Archive (not really a book)